AMD reportedly has a large inventory of Radeon RX 7900 ‘RDNA 3’ graphics cards in stock for launch next month.
AMD Radeon RX 7900 ‘RDNA 3’ GPU available in good quantities at launch, Supply Chain reports
In a report published by MyDrivers, citing the upstream supply chain, it appears that AMD has stockpiled a large number of Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards based on the RDNA 3 GPU architecture that will be ready next month on December 13. are for launch. December. The red team is rumored to have increased orders for Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards so that gamers can get them with relative ease at launch.
The report also states that the initial shipment of the AMD Radeon RX 7900 series graphics cards, which includes both Radeon RX 7900 XTX and Radeon RX 7900 XT models, will not be small and is said to be much better than what the delivery of NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40 Series Graphics Cards at Launch. We learned in the past few days that NVIDIA shipped a total of 160,000 Ada GPUs, with 81.25% for the RTX 4090 (AD102) GPU and the remaining 18.75% for the RTX 4080 (AD103) GPU.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 was completely sold out at launch, but the card is hard to find in stores. Meanwhile, despite shipping in smaller quantities, the RTX 4080 can still be found in abundance at various stores. The card is also scalped and several offers can be found on eBay. The RTX 4080 situation is largely due to the pricing, which is an absurd $1199.9 US, and also because AMD has promised competitive performance per dollar and watt versus the RTX 4080. The Radeon RX 7900 XTX is positioned directly against the RTX 4080 in AMD’s marketing slides, so users are very eager to know the final results of these two products before making their purchase decision.
If AMD really manages to beat the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 graphics card in the latest GPU ratings, then we will see an increase in the already rising demand for the Radeon RX 7900 series and even more so for the Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics card that costs $999 US (MSRP). The extra volume of graphics cards will really come in handy and with no cryptocurrency going on we should expect the cards to be available at retail prices this time around.
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX vs NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
|Graphics Card||AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080|
|process node||TSMC 5nm+6nm||TSMC 4N|
|Size of the die||300mm2 (GCD only)
522 mm2 (with MCDs)
|Transistors||58 billion||45.9 billion|
|TMUs/ROPs||384 / 192||304 / 112|
|FP32 TFLOPs||61 TFLOPs||49 TFLOPs|
|Memory size||24GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6X|
|Memory clock||20 Gbps||22.4 Gbps|
|Memory bandwidth||960 GB/s||716.8 GB/s|
|PCIe interface||To be determined||PCIe 4.0 x16|
|Price||$999 US||$1199 US|